Pork Pot Roast With Orange
Sear a pork loin roast and then roast it with onions in a sweet and tangy sauce. Serve with rice or potatoes.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pork loin roast (3 lbs.)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. grated orange rind
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Season roast with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering. Sear pork on all sides. Reduce heat to low and stir in add onions, orange juice, orange rind, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth.
- Cover and roast for 45 minutes. Remove lid, spoon onions over pork and continue to cook for 15 minutes, uncovered, until meat reaches an internal temperature of between 145˚F and 160˚F. Remove the roast. Skim fat off of the pan juices and place Dutch oven on the stove over medium-high heat. Simmer until juices are reduced to a thick sauce. Spoon over pork.