Pork Riblets in Black Bean Sauce
This dish can also be served with rice and vegetables as a main course.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ lb. pork spare rib, tip ends only, if possible
- 2 Tbsp. fermented black beans, rinsed and mashed with the side of a knife
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 green chili, chopped finely (optional)
- Chop the spareribs into 1" segments. In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and coat the ribs thoroughly. Marinate at room temperature 30 minutes. Place ribs and sauce into a heatproof dish.
- Bring several inches of water to boil in a pot or wok with a snug-fitting cover. Set a steaming rack inside, and the dish with the pork mixture on top. Cover. Steam on medium heat for 20 minutes. The pork should be tender and no longer pink.