Pork Ribs with Honey Mustard Barbecue Sauce
Experience a new variation on your favorite homemade or store-bought barbecue sauce in this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 lbs. meaty pork ribs
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 cup beef broth
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper and place in baking pan. Roast ribs, uncovered, for 1 hour.
- While ribs are roasting, in heavy skillet, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened.
- After ribs are roasted, drain fat from pan. Pour sauce over ribs. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and roast ribs for another 1½ hours, basting occasionally with sauce, until ribs are very tender. Cool ribs slightly, then cut into individual ribs before serving.