Pork Roast with Bacon, Brussels Sprouts and Pomegranate
Make this roast for the whole family and enjoy with a side of flavorful Brussels sprouts.
Serves: 5Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 pounds Simple Truth™ Pork Loin
- 5 teaspoons lemon-black pepper seasoning blend
- 3 containers (10 oz.) Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 4 slices Simple Truth™ Bacon
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally until crisp and browned; about 8 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towels, drain and cool. Reserve bacon fat. Coarsely crumble bacon.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add Brussels sprouts and cook until they turn bright green, about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Pat Brussels sprouts dry with paper towels. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Brush 1 tablespoon bacon fat all over pork and season with 4 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning mix. Place pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast uncovered or 50 minutes.
- Spread Brussels sprouts around pork. Continue roasting for about 30 minutes (allow 20 minutes per pound roasting time) until the internal temperature of the pork on a thermometer reads 145-160°F. Transfer roast to serving platter and tent with aluminum foil.
- Increase temperature to 425°F. Continue roasting Brussels sprouts for 5-8 minutes until browned. Remove from oven and stir Brussels sprouts with bacon and pomegranate seeds. Season with remaining 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning mix and add to platter.
- Heat roasting pan over high heat until juices sizzle. Add ½ cup water and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits in the pan with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat.
- Carve pork roast, drizzle with pan juices and serve