Pork Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce
This dish is inspired by satay, a popular snack food sold by street vendors throughout southeast Asia and in restaurants around the world. These skewers of seasoned grilled meat are often served with a peanut sauce. In this recipe, we coat the meat in peanut sauce before grilling. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before threading on the meat to keep them from burning on the grill.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. boneless pork loin
- In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk. Stir in the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the peanut butter is melted and the ingredients combined.
- Cut the pork into 1-inch cubes. Arrange the pork in a shallow glass dish. Stir in the peanut sauce. Marinate the pork in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat the grill. Thread the pork onto bamboo skewers.
- Grill the pork for about 10 minutes, until it is cooked through, turning occasionally.