Pork Sausages Braised in Sauerkraut
This is a great meal for a party; the sausages can be kept warm for hours without overcooking.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 reduced-fat smoked pork sausages
- 4 lbs. sauerkraut
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Prick each sausage with a fork at least once. Quickly sear in a dry skillet to brown all sides for about 1 minute. Remove from the skillet.
- Place the sauerkraut, onions, and vinegar into a 4-quart slow cooker. Stir to distribute all ingredients evenly.
- Add the sausage. Toss. Cover and cook for 4 hours on low.