Pork and Shrimp Egg Rolls
You can make and freeze these egg rolls ahead of time and freeze them. Fry the frozen rolls in peanut oil heated to 375°F for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, or until deep golden brown.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- ½ lb. ground pork
- ½ lb. ground shrimp
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 package (16 oz.) egg roll wrappers
- 3 cups peanut oil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground pork until almost done, about 5 minutes. Add ground shrimp, carrot, and garlic; cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes or until pork is cooked. Remove from heat, drain well, and add scallions, cabbage, soy sauce, and oyster sauce.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl and blend well.
- To form egg rolls, place one wrapper, point-side down, on work surface. Place 1 tablespoon filling 1" from corner. Brush all edges of the egg roll wrapper with cornstarch mixture. Fold point over filling, then fold in sides and roll up egg roll, using cornstarch mixture to seal as necessary.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven to 375°F. Fry egg roll for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.