Pork and Soba Noodles Bowl
This pork and soba noodle bowl has a blend of hearty, spicy, and savory flavors. Finished with cool spinach and carrots, it makes a lovely and balanced dish.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless pork chops (6 oz. each)
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz. soba noodles
- 1 cup packed baby spinach
- ½ cup cooked brown lentils
- 1 small red jalapeño, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. shredded carrot
- 1 Tbsp. chopped scallion greens
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. hot sesame oil
- 2 tsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Cook pork for 7–8 minutes a side, or until it registers 145°F on a meat thermometer. Thinly slice, and reserve.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil, and cook noodles for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place the pork, spinach, noodles, lentils, jalapeño, carrot, and scallions in 2 large bowls.
- Whisk vinegar, sesame oil, and tamari together in a small bowl, and drizzle over the bowls. Garnish with sesame seeds.