Pork and Spinach Curry
Some grocery-store meat departments offer meats precut into chunks or strips, which dramatically reduces prep time. This recipe can also be made with with beef, chicken, or turkey. Serve it with white or brown rice.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup coconut milk, divided
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. red curry paste
- ½ lb. lean pork, cut into chunks
- 2 cups water
- ½ small lime
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, crumbled
- 4 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ lb. baby spinach
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat ½ cup of the coconut milk, onion, and curry paste over medium-low heat, stirring to combine thoroughly. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, so that the sauce does not burn.
- Add pork, remaining coconut milk, and water. Return mixture to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes. Squeeze the juice of the lime half into the curry. Add the lime half.
- Stir in the kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, and sugar. Continue simmering for 5–10 more minutes or until the pork is cooked through. Remove the lime half.
- Add spinach and cook for 1 minute.