This recipe combines Eastern and Western flavors in a low-GI, high-energy meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. peanut oil
- ½ cup minced sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 oz. raisins
- 1 oz. pine nuts, toasted
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-heat. Sauté onion and garlic 5 minutes. Add pork, stirring to break up lumps. Cook until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce, raisins, pine nuts, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the pork stuffing among wonton wrappers and moisten edges with a bit of water before folding into triangles.
- Steam wontons in a steamer sprayed with nonstick cooking spray for 10 minutes.