Porky Potatoes and Onions
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups peeled and sliced potatoes
- 4 oz. ham, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Fry bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon, leaving fat in skillet. Cook onions in bacon fat until translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add vinegar, sugar, water, salt, and pepper. Heat to a simmer; simmer 5 minutes. Add potatoes and ham, and cook, covered, until potatoes are tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in bacon and serve, garnished with parsley.