Portobello Mushroom Pizza
Low-carb dieters can rejoice in this grain-free pizza. It makes a particularly delicious centerpiece to a salad of lightly dressed, tossed spring greens.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup small basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse mushroom caps and pat dry. Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic. Quickly sear mushroom caps top-down in the skillet. Place caps, underside up, on a baking sheet lined with nonstick foil.
- Brush caps with balsamic vinaigrette. Divide diced tomatoes over mushrooms, then top with mozzarella. Season with oregano and black pepper.
- Bake mushrooms for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven, sprinkle with basil, and let stand briefly before serving.