Pot Roast with Vegetables
A variety of vegetables make this pot roast a complete meal in one.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 8 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
- 4 large parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 4 lbs. lean top round beef roast, excess fat removed
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- Pour the water into an oval 6-quart slow cooker. Add the potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onions, and garlic. Stir.
- Add the beef. Sprinkle with salt, paprika, and pepper. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove and slice the beef. Use a slotted spoon to serve the vegetables. Discard the cooking liquid. Sprinkle with parsley.