Potato and Brat Skewers
These skewers are simple to prepare and can be assembled the day before and stored in the refrigerator. Grill them up on game day for a crowd-pleasing favorite perfect for tailgating.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 long bamboo skewers
- 16 ounces lager or Pilsner beer
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 24 bite-sized potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 18 ounces Kroger Brand Classic Bratwurst (5 links)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Submerge bamboo skewers in water and soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine beer, water, onion, potatoes and salt in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and add brats.
- Cook 12-15 minutes until potatoes are tender and brats are cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Allow potatoes and brats to cool, then slice each brat into 6 pieces. Toss sliced brats and potatoes with oil.
- Skewer brats and potatoes, alternating pieces, divided evenly between skewers.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill skewers 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned.
- Refrigerate leftovers.