Soy milk may not be your choice of milk for this recipe. If you prefer, substitute with the same amount of rice milk, which will give you the same delicious results. This recipe is packed full of great flavor and healthy ingredients!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1¼ lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 1½ lbs. broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 whole bay leaves
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¾ cup soy milk
- In a large soup pot, combine potatoes, broccoli, onion, chicken stock, wine, lemon juice, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until vegetables are fork-tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Discard bay leaves.
- Pour half of soup mixture in blender. Add ½ cup of the soy milk. Purée until smooth. Empty soup mixture into a large bowl. Repeat with the remaining soup, adding ¼ cup soy milk.
- Place puréed soup back in soup pot. If necessary, thin the soup by adding more soy milk, a little at a time, until desired consistency. Reheat soup over low heat, stirring occasionally. Take care not to boil soup. Serve hot.