Thick and hearty, this soup pairs the starchy potato with spicy Broccolini for a texture and flavor sensation thatʼs hard to beat. Naturally packed with essential vitamins and minerals, these ingredients boast complex carbohydrates that provide long-lasting energy in a soup that will fill you up but wonʼt weigh you down.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large Idaho potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb. broccolini
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring the almond milk and potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 8–10 minutes. Add broccolini, and continue to simmer for 8–10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and chill for 5 minutes. Using an immersion blender, emulsify ingredients. Add yogurt, ¼ cup at a time, and continue blending with the immersion blender.
- Add salt, blend well, and serve.