Potato Casserole with Cheese and Bacon
This is a great brunch or supper dish. It’s filling and delicious, and especially good on a cold day or nippy evening.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup coarsely grated fontina cheese
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 3 tsp. chopped rosemary, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb. thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together the cheeses, brown rice flour, 2 teaspoons rosemary, and salt and pepper.
- Place a layer of potatoes in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheese-flour mixture and bacon. Repeat until you get to the top of the baking dish. Add the milk, sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture, and dot with butter.
- Bake for about 90 minutes. The top should be brown and crispy, and the inside soft and creamy. Sprinkle with remaining rosemary before serving.