Potato and Cheddar Frittata with Herbs
Cutting the cheese into cubes for this frittata adds a different texture than shredded cheese. This recipe is highly versatile, so experiment with different herbs and cheeses.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 6 oz. cheddar cheese, cut into cubes
- 6 sage leaves, minced
- Melt the butter in a heavy 12" frying pan. Add the potatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs well. Add the cheese and minced sage. Pour over the potatoes and turn down the heat to the lowest possible setting. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Heat the broiler. When the eggs have set, place the frittata under the broiler until golden brown on top, about 2–3 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.