Potato and Chorizo Stew
A hearty, rich stew thatʼs easy to make. Make it a day ahead and it will taste even better the following day.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb. chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. red bliss potatoes, and cut into large chunks
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. kale, stemmed and roughly chopped
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add chorizo and paprika, stir, and let cook until chorizo is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth. Turn up heat and bring to boil. Then lower heat and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add kale, stir, and let wilt, then let simmer another 15 or so minutes.