Potato Corn Chowder
This simple recipe is full of rich ingredients that are good for you. You can also use white corn in this recipe, but yellow corn is prettier.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 can (13 oz.) nonfat evaporated milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. dried tarragon leaves
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Chop the potatoes and combine in large pot. Add water to just cover the potatoes, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Using a potato masher, mash half of the vegetables; stir in corn and bring back to a simmer.
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mixture; cook and stir until bubbly.
- Add milk, salt, pepper, and tarragon to the flour mixture; cook and stir until thickened. Add to the soup mixture; cook and stir until soup thickens and almost comes to a boil. Serve immediately with sliced green onions.