Potato Croquettes with Smoked Gouda
This is a great way to use leftover mashed potatoes.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 oz. shredded smoked Gouda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup olive oil
- Mix together the potato, 1 egg, flour, cheese, salt, and pepper. Divide into 8 piles and form into loose balls. Use your hands to form each ball into an oval.
- Place remaining egg in a shallow dish and beat lightly. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow dish. Dip each croquette in the egg, then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a heavy frying pan over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Fry the croquettes until evenly golden brown, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.