Potato Crusted Cod with Coleslaw
Providing heart-healthy omega-3s, cod is a smart addition to your weeknight dinner rotation. Here, it’s uniquely coated with and herbed potato flake mixture instead of traditional breading.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Simple Truth Organic™ All-Purpose Flour, for dredging
- 1 package dried mashed potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 Simple Truth Organic™ Cage Free Grade A Large Brown Eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Coconut Oil
- 4 cod filets, thawed (if frozen)
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line shallow baking pan with foil.
- On one plate, place flour. On another plate, combine potato flakes and parsley. In shallow bowl, combine eggs and mustard.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets with flour, dip in egg mixture and then coat with potato flake mixture.
- In large pan or skillet over medium heat, cook fish in coconut oil, about 2 minutes per side until golden.
- Transfer fish to baking pan; bake 4 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with coleslaw and lemon.