This simple dish makes a filling snack or side dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large potatoes, cut in wedges
- 5 cups vegetable oil, or as needed
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes on medium-low heat, until they can be pierced with a fork but are not too soft. Drain thoroughly, and cut lengthwise into pieces approximately ¾ inch thick.
- Add the oil to the fondue pot, making sure it is not more than half full. Heat the pot on a stove element over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, move the fondue pot to the table and set up the burner. Keep the heat high.
- Using a dipping fork, dip the potato slices briefly into the oil. Drain on paper towels or a tempura rack. Season with black pepper.