Potato Frittata with Cheese and Herbs
Save to My Recipes
Use both gluten-free nonstick spray and butter in this recipe, or the starch in the potatoes will stick. Spinach would make a lovely addition to this.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 1 large Yukon gold potato, peeled
- cooking spray
- 4 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ small green onion, finely minced
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 6 sage leaves, minced
- Using a mandoline, slice the potato as thinly as possible. Prepare a heavy 12" pan, first with gluten-free nonstick spray, then with butter.
- Add the potatoes, making a thin layer, and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes—this will be the crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well. Add the cheese, onion, parsley, and minced sage. Pour over the potatoes and turn down heat to the lowest possible setting. Cook for 10 minutes.
- When the eggs have set, run the frittata under the broiler until golden brown on top. Cut into wedges and serve at once or at room temperature.