Potato Garbanzo Stew
Potatoes and beans may sound like a strange combination, but it is heart-warming and delicious.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add paprika and oregano. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garbanzo beans and cook until potatoes are tender, 5 to 8 minutes longer.
- Add basil, salt, and pepper and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes longer to heat through.