Potato Green Bean Salad
This simple salad is a wonderful one-dish meal for summer, but you can vary the ingredients as the seasons change to enjoy all year round. Serve it with hot breadsticks and an ice cream salad for dessert.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 lb. Italian green beans, trimmed
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. apple juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes to boiling water and bring back to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until potatoes are nearly tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add green beans to potatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and beans are crisp-tender. Drain well and place in bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, olive oil, apple juice, garlic, and pepper and mix well. Drizzle over potatoes and beans and toss to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss gently to coat. Serve warm or cold.