For this soup, make sure that you use only the white part of the leeks.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium leeks (whit parts only), thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Place potatoes, leeks, celery, and onion in a soup pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour in the broth, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Strain the soup, pressing all the liquids out of the vegetables and discarding the solids.
- Stir in the milk and reheat gently. Garnish with the chives and serve.