Thinly sliced potatoes make an unusual and delicious topping on this special pizza. Serve it with a nice green salad for a simple late-night dinner.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 whole-grain pizza crust
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 2 Tbsp. grated Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large saucepan, combine olive oil and butter over medium heat. When butter melts, add onion and garlic; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are slightly softened. Add thyme, salt, and cayenne pepper and remove from heat. Spread potato mixture on the pizza crust. Top with cheeses.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, pizza is hot, and cheeses are melted and starting to brown. Serve immediately.