Football wouldn’t be complete without some good eats! Change up the traditional jalapeño popper by making these creamy Potato Poppers instead. No fork necessary! Since they can be prepared ahead of time, they are perfect for entertaining. Enjoy them cold, or reheat them for maximum flavor.
- 28 ounces bite-sized potatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 jalapeño, diced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Boil the potatoes in salted water, about 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
- While potatoes are boiling, preheat oven to 400°F and line a jelly roll pan or skillet with foil.
- Drain potatoes and allow them to cool enough to handle. Cut them in half crosswise and scoop out the insides, being careful not to break the soft skins. Place insides into a medium bowl and skins into the foil-lined pan.
- To make the potato filling, add cream cheese, jalapeño, ¼ cup of the cheese, garlic salt and paprika to the cooked potato. Mash the potato mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, fill each potato skin with the mixture. Top with remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Refrigerate any leftovers.