Potato Salad with Egg and Gherkin
This is a simple traditional potato salad. It’s even better if you sprinkle some vinegar on the hot potatoes.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lb. potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 10 sweet gherkin pickles, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp. paprika
- Place potatoes and salt in a large saucepan and add cold water to cover. Boil potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. While the potatoes are cooking, prepare a large bowl for the salad by chilling it well.
- Drain the potatoes, put them in the chilled bowl, and sprinkle them with the cider vinegar while they are still hot.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, eggs, and onion together until very well combined to make the dressing. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the potatoes and mix to coat.
- Top with paprika.