Potato Salad with Vinaigrette
Off for a summer picnic? This is a great potato salad to tote along because it doesn't contain any mayonnaise.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 lbs. new potatoes
- ½ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- ½ cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Scrub potatoes. Cook in salted water for 20 minutes until potatoes are tender yet still firm. Drain and cool at room temperature. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, peppers, celery, and chives.
- Combine oil, vinegar, thyme, salt, and pepper in a jar with screw top. Shake until blended. Pour over potato mixture.
- Toss gently until all the vegetables are thoroughly coated. Season with salt and pepper, and serve at room temperature.