Potato Salmon Pie
This hearty pie is good for a cold winter night. You can use leftover mashed potatoes; use about 4 cups.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 package (14.1 oz.) refrigerated pie dough
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 package (23 oz.) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (14 oz.) red salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and peas; cook and stir until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes longer.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl; beat in eggs, salt, and pepper. Add onion mixture and salmon. Pour mixture into a medium baking dish. Top with pie dough and cut slits in dough.
- Place little pieces of the butter into the slits in the piecrust. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 1 hour until crust is brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.