This creamy and rich soup uses two kinds of potatoes— scalloped and hash brown—for a nice depth of flavor.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (5 oz.) cheese-flavored scalloped potato mix
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz.) evaporated milk
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- ½ tsp. dried dill weed
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In heavy saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, drain on paper towels, crumble, and set aside.
- Cook onion in bacon drippings until tender, about 5 minutes. Add potato mix and seasoning packet from potato mix, along with remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Purée using an immersion blender. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese before serving.