Potato Soup with Salmon and Dill
Potato soup gets dressed up with chunks of salmon and a creamy dill sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bunch fresh dill, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼" cubes
- 2 large leeks, cleaned well and sliced thin
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- ½ lb. cooked salmon, skin removed and cut into chunks
- For garnish, mix 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill with sour cream in a small bowl. Cover and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- For the soup, combine potatoes, leeks, and vegetable stock in a stockpot, Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes until potatoes are tender. Carefully, purée with a blender or food processor.
- Return pot to medium heat and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve with a generous dollop of the dill and sour cream mixture and dill sprigs.