Potato Soup with Watercress
If you’d like to spice up this recipe a bit, add 2 medium onions for additional flavor.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bunch watercress
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 medium leeks, white parts only, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. white pepper
- Chop the watercress, reserving 8 whole leaves. Set aside
- Heat butter in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the leeks and sauté for 5 minutes. Pour in the broth and add the potatoes and chopped watercress. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Using a blender or food processor, purée the mixture. Return it to the pot, adding the milk, salt and white pepper. Reheat gently. Garnish with the whole watercress leaves before serving.