Potato, Squash and Goat Cheese Casserole
This potato and squash casserole is a healthy side dish option that still packs big flavor.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, washed
- 2 russet potatoes, washed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 7”x11” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice the squash and potatoes into very thin slices. Toss with olive oil and layer a third of the squash and potato slices in the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with half of the goat cheese evenly. Repeat this process again, while also seasoning with half of the salt and pepper. Finish by layering the final third of the vegetables and topping with the rest of the salt and pepper.
- Pour the milk over the entire dish and top with the Parmesan cheese. Bake with foil over the dish for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 15-20 more minutes. Sprinkle with fresh basil after removing the dish from the over.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.