Potato Vegetable Soup
A hearty soup is always welcome on a cold day. This is a good one to put in a thermos and tuck into a lunchbox.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups fat-free vegetable broth
- 1 lb. small potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a sauté pan, melt the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 4 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Add the broth, potatoes, carrots, and zucchini, dill, parsley, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, covered, until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.