Potato and Veggie Fritters
These easy potato fritters are similar to an Indian snack, called bajji, or pakoras. To get a more authentic flavor, add a few shakes of some Indian spices: cumin, curry, turmeric, or garam masala and cayenne.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup soy milk
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Boil potatoes in water until cooked, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Mash potatoes together with soy milk, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, peas, salt, and pepper. Mixture should be dry but sticky.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Form potato mixture into patties and pan-fry in hot oil for 3–4 minutes on each side until browned and crispy.