Potato and Veggie Fritters
These easy potato fritters are similar to an Indian snack, called bajji, or pakoras. To get a more authentic flavor, add a few shakes of some Indian spices: cumin, curry, turmeric, or garam masala and cayenne.
Serves: 3Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup soy milk
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Boil potatoes in water until cooked, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- Mash potatoes together with soy milk, flour, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, peas, salt, and pepper. Mixture should be dry but sticky.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Form potato mixture into patties and pan-fry in hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until browned and crispy.