A great side dish with prime rib, or as a brunch potato.
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- italian parsley leaves, for garnish
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Grate the potatoes coarsely, or grate in food processor, then rinse lightly under running water. Squeeze water out in colander as dry as possible, then place in a bowl.
- Stir in the egg, garlic and salt, and form into rounds about 3 inches in diameter.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- Fry the potato rounds, in batches, over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve garnished with parsley.