Potluck Pita Pizzas
You can top these little pizzas any way you’d like. Try refried beans, taco sauce, and shredded chicken, or basil pesto, smoked turkey, and Havarti cheese.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 pita breads (4 inches)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp. fresh chopped herbs
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush pita breads with olive oil and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 2 minutes, then remove and turn over.
- In small bowl, combine tomato paste and pizza sauce and mix well. Spread over pitas. Top with cheeses.
- Bake pizzas for 5 to 8 minutes or until pitas are crisp and cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Let cool for 5 minutes, top with herbs, and then serve.