Pound Cake Minis
Save these rich little cakes for a seriously special occasion. Although healthier than classic pound cake, they’re still pretty decadent.
Serves: 18Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- Place the butter and shortening in a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in the egg whites and extracts. Stir in the baking powder and gradually add in the flour, alternating with the milk, and stir until combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling each cup about ⅔ full. Place muffin tins on middle rack in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.