Praline Cheesecake with Pecan Crust
This wonderful cheesecake is guaranteed to become a family favorite!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup, packed, plus 5 Tbsp. light brown sugar, divided
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2½ tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and chopped pecans in a medium bowl. Press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light. Beat in 1 cup brown sugar and blend well. Beat in eggs and 1½ teaspoons vanilla until blended. Blend in cream. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 250°F; continue to bake for 65–75 minutes or until center is set. The edges will be firm and center will remain somewhat jiggly.
- Let cool for 12 minutes, and then carefully remove the sides of the pan. Cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine corn syrup, cornstarch, and remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly; stir in remaining vanilla and remove from heat. Pour over cooled cheesecake. Refrigerate leftovers.