Prassopita (Leek Pie)
This pie is even better on the second day after the flavors have melded. Refrigerate the pie once it has cooled to room temperature and then cut and warm the slices as needed.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large leeks, sliced thinly (upper dark-green stalks removed)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallions
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh dill
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in pan; sauté leeks about 5 minutes. Add scallions; continue sautéing until soft and tender, another 3 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat eggs well; add milk, feta, flour, dill, oregano, salt, pepper, and sautéed leeks and onions; mix well.
- Grease sides of a medium baking dish with olive oil; pour mixture into dish. Bake about 1 hour.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.