Fill a broad vase with colorful dried calypso beans and anchor the skewers in them for a bouquet-style presentation.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 2 Tbsp. sherry
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 large raw prawns, shells on
- Soak the skewers in water. Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Combine sherry, melted butter, honey, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add the prawns and toss to coat. Thread each prawn onto a skewer under the tail, up between the shell and meat, creating a “backbone” with the skewer.
- Grill or broil the prawns for about three minutes per side.