Pressed Ham and Cheese
Here is a gourmet spin on a favorite comfort food—the grilled cheese sandwich.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. butter
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 3 oz. prosciutto or deli ham
- 1 slice Gruyère cheese
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Make sandwich with bread, ham, cheese, and mustard and place into buttered pan. Place a second heavy pan on top of the sandwich.
- Cook sandwich for 2–3 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and the bread is golden brown.