Pressure Cooker Asparagus with Olive Oil Dressing
Replace the salt with your favorite seasoned salt or herb blend. Asparagus is especially good in the spring, and the simpler the recipe, the better the dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. fresh asparagus
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon zest
- Clean asparagus and snap off the ends. If necessary, peel the stems. Lay flat in the pressure cooker and add water. Lock lid into place and bring to high pressure; maintain for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow pressure to release naturally for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the shallot, lemon juice, oil, and salt.
- Quick release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. Drain the asparagus and transfer to a serving platter. Pour the dressing over the asparagus. Sprinkle pepper and lemon zest over the top.