Pressure Cooker Beef Stew
This stew tastes like it simmered for hours on your stove, but the pressure cooker makes quick work of the recipe. Serve with some crusty bread to soak up the wonderful sauce.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. bottom round steak, cut into 1" cubes
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large russet potatoes, cubed
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 4 cups beef stock, heated
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- Sprinkle steak with flour, garlic salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker and brown the coated beef, stirring frequently, about 5–7 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and lock the lid. Bring up to high pressure and cook for 20 minutes.
- Release pressure using quick-release method and stir stew. Serve immediately.