Pressure Cooker Beer BBQ Pork Sliders
Beer and apples provide a tangy sweetness to these already delicious sandwiches. Serve with a salad or coleslaw.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. pork western ribs
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and roughly sliced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. raw sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups prepared coleslaw
- 12 whole-wheat slider buns
- Place ribs in the pressure cooker. Pour in beer and add the apple, onion, sugar, salt, and pepper. Close and lock the lid.
- Turn the heat up to high. When the cooker reaches pressure, lower the heat to the minimum needed to maintain pressure. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes at high pressure.
- Remove from the heat and allow the pot to sit for 30 minutes before carefully releasing any residual pressure.
- Move the meat and bones to a cutting board using a slotted spoon. Remove and discard any fat still on the meat. Use two forks to shred the meat. Discard bones.
- Skim and discard any fat from the top of the pan juices. Blend the contents of the pressure cooker using an immersion blender. Stir the shredded pork back into the cooker and simmer, uncovered, on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- To make the sandwiches, divide the coleslaw between the slider buns. Spoon the meat on top of the coleslaw and top with the bun tops. Serve.