Pressure Cooker Brown Rice Burger
Cook turmeric seasoned brown rice quickly in a pressure cooker and form into savory patties. Serve with your favorite burger toppings and a salad.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ½ yellow onion, chopped fine
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 4 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 oz. lettuce
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- Add the rice, water, and turmeric to the pressure cooker. Lock the lid into place; bring to high pressure and maintain for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow pressure to release naturally. Fluff with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, yellow onion, rice, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well with your hands and form into 4 patties. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive. Fry patties over medium heat until browned on each side and cooked throughout, about 8 minutes.
- Serve on a whole wheat bun with sliced red onion and sliced tomatoes.