Pressure Cooker Buttered Beets
Steam beets in a pressure cooker for this colorful dish.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 4 large red beets, ends trimmed
- 4 oz. butter (1⁄2 stick), softened
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Fill the bottom of the pressure cooker with water. Place the beets on the rack in the pressure cooker. Pour in the water. Lock the lid into place and bring to high pressure; maintain pressure for 25 minutes.
- Off the heat, quick-release the pressure, and remove the lid. The beets are cooked thoroughly when the peel rubs off easily and the centers are soft when poked with a fork. If not fully cooked, simmer in the uncovered pressure cooker, adding more water, if needed.
- When the fully cooked beets are cool enough to handle, remove their peel and slice. Place slices in a serving bowl and toss with butter and salt until butter has melted and beets are thoroughly coated. If butter does not melt, reheat the beets in a microwave.